Decorate your home. It gives the illusion that your life is more interesting than it really is. ~ Charles M Schulz
I love houses in the way some men I know love cars. I have a dream home. A fantasy, if you will, that I hope to one day make a reality. Here are some of the things I imagine my dream home will have:
1) A quirky bookcase
I love books and I have plenty. I plan to acquire more and I need a place to keep them.
How fabulously quirky is that bookshelf above the TV?
2) A beautifully maintained underwear drawer and dresser full of pretty things. (Even I must accept my weirdness here)
3) A bar (This one makes me chuckle because I am a ridiculously cheap date. One drink and I’m finished. Why I want a bar is a mystery)
4) a customised closet area with a full length mirror (I dont wan’t a walk in closet. It must be part of the bedroom)
5) a grey, black and red bedroom (I already have this colour scheme and I love it)
6) Pretty things in bowls
7) A very indulgent bathroom. I love to shower and wash my hair and be in the bathroom for no good reason.
8) A lounge with a mirror on one wall
9) A random wall covered in picture frames
10) A nice little work area
If I were asked to name the chief benefit of the house, I should say: the house shelters day-dreaming, the house protects the dreamer, the house allows one to dream in peace. ~ Gaston Bachelard