“All I can say is, ‘Damn the exam!” ~ William Shawcross, The Queen Mother: The Official Biography
I am back from writing exams and while I am praying that I passed, I can say without a doubt in my mind that I feel violated by those exams! wow. I can categorically say that after this year there will be no more exam based study! I will stick to writing research papers and theses. I can’t deal with this business of
- staying up all night studying,
- looking like death as I head to the exam room with my tired bloodshot eyes,
- freezing cold exam rooms which result in the worst handwriting ever,
- second guessing myself as I pick my questions, as I write my answer and as I hand over my answer sheets,
- looking around the exam room to see everyone else scribbling furiously every. single. time.
- wondering what on earth the rest of the world is scribbling when I seem to be all out of things to scribble,
- wondering why they ALL look like they know more than me (before, after and during the exam),
- wondering where the girl who comes to the exam room with a full face of perfect makeup, a high fashion outfit and perfectly styled braids got the time to dress up that way,
- feeling totally unsexy in my jeans and pullover (if I have made an effort) or more likely, hairbun, track pants, Vaseline and maybe anti-perspirant as a public service,
- feeling utterly stressed out before and after the exam, and
……..waiting forever for the results.
It’s all just too much for me.
As an adult, I have never celebrated exam results but when I get this CSSA qualification, I am going to have to do a little something something. This is not a walk in the park. It’s a damn trek up Kilimanjaro lol. One that only ends in December no less! That’s when I get the final set of results from the October sitting (Jesus take the wheel!!!!) 😀
On to unrelated gossip type matters…
While I was away, I heard a story that flabbergasted me and I simply have to ask… if you caught your wife in bed with your brother-in-law actually doing the deed, would you stay with her and try to work things out (and vice versa if you are the wife catching the hubby)? Please feel free to go ahead and make me feel inadequate in the forgiveness department.
Now that I am back, it’s time to catch up with what my favourite bloggers have been up to while I was gone. Tonight is looking like it will be a good night: blogs, tea and some sort of snack that goes with just how lazy I’m feeling 😀