‘To know thyself is the beginning of wisdom.’
As you can see, I have decided to jump onto this bandwagon because I have chronic FOMO. Here are a few random facts about me that will confirm what you already know about me: I am a proudly weird.
1. You know those men with Chippendale bodies? The ones who send most women into a frenzy? Well, they do absolutely nothing for me. I find absolutely nothing sexually appealing about a man with a sculpted, hairless body. Zip. Zilch. Nada. I can make the appropriate oohs and aahs when said fellow females go crazy but nothing at all stirs in my loins.
2. When it comes to physical attributes, a man with a 6 pack of beers, some body fuzz, no tattoos and just enough of a beer boep to make him cuddly is irresistible to me. Yes. I’m serious.
3. I don’t get the concept of a jumpsuit. Why is an outfit that I need to take off completely in order to pee such a hit in the market? It bamboozles me.
4. I can whip up some amazing fish based meals and yet I don’t, won’t and will never eat fish or anything else the sea gives up. *shudders at the thought*
5. I love to dance. I can shake my tail feather until the wee hours while sipping on nothing but ice water. see number 6.
6. I say ice water because I am a pathetically cheap date. One glass of wine and I am announcing to the world how much I love it. I have concluded that God knew that I would be a menace if I had the ability to drink like a fish so he gave me none.
7. I passionately love hockey and I play in a professional league.
8. I briefly dabbled in modelling but my actual career did not allow for such frivolities so that little endeavour flamed out pretty quick.
9. I really don’t like rice.
10. I am pedantic about my heels. I wear them all day everyday and they must be perfect. No platforms in the front. Must have pointy toes or somewhere in-between round and pointy. No round toed shoes for me at all. When I think of the perfect shoe I see this:
11. All the wild oats my father sowed took root and grew. I have enough half siblings to fill a train. Maybe the man was allergic to latex or common sense or both.
12. I am a feminist.
13. My wardrobe is 90% dresses. I find pants rather uncomfortable.
14. I love reading blogs. It is an absolute necessity for me to wander around the blogosphere at least once a day. Food, fashion, hair, random, diaries… I read them all.
15. I tell guys who ignore my polite attempts to side step their amorous intentions that I am married.
16. I am a very untidy germophobe. I may not put things away when I am done with them but they will be spotless.
17. I am very good at doing my own hair so I hardly go to the salon. I am currently growing my hair from very short to a length to be determined. Oh, and out of the blue, I coloured my hair mahogany last night. I am well pleased. Goodbye to the black hair that was.
18. My food choices will forever stand in the way of any sophistication I might have acquired in this lifetime. I blame boarding school for the fact that my idea of a great lunch is potato crisps stuffed into a supermarket bread roll washed down with tea. When I am served the fancy stuff I hardly eat. When I am served pap and maas I have 3 helpings. smh
19. I am a huge fan of the Big Bang Theory. I watch reruns of it almost every night. How can I not love Sheldon Cooper when he says things like this:
Raj: I don’t like bugs, okay? They freak me out.
Sheldon: Interesting. You’re afraid of insects and women. Ladybugs must render you catatonic.
Sheldon: Why are you crying?
Penny: Because I’m stupid.
Sheldon: That’s no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
20. I once worked at a couples’ resort as a waitress ONLY. The type where the only store on the premises is a sex shop.